By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the software-defined data center
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Add ESXi hosts to a VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ instance
- Manage vCenter Server Appliance
- Use a local content library as an ISO store, and deploy a virtual machine
- Describe vCenter Server architecture
- Use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware Host Client™ and VMware vSphere® Client™
- Describe virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Configure standard switch policies
- Use vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage: VMware vSphere® VMFS, NFS, iSCSI, and RDM
- Examine the features and functions of Fibre Channel and VMware vSAN™
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Migrate virtual machine storage with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Monitor resource usage, and manage resource pools
- Discuss the VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster architecture
- Configure vSphere HA
- Manage vSphere HA and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Use VMware vSphere® Replication™ and VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters to improve host scalability
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
- Identify troubleshooting methodology to logically diagnose faults and improve troubleshooting efficiency
Purchase this On Demand course and receive a free Foundation Exam voucher to use toward certification.
Dieser Kurs erfüllt die Voraussetzungen für die Teilnahme an weiterführenden vSphere-Kursen.
VMware Certified Professional 6 - data Center Virtualization 6.5 Delta Exam
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers.
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace. Once you complete 80% of the overall course, course completion is triggered, your transcript is updated to reflect successful completion of the course. However, you still have access to the course content and course lab for the allotted duration.
- License validity: 3 months
- Language: english
This course features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere® 6.7, which includes VMware ESXi™ 6.7 and VMware vCenter Server® 6.7. This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size. It is the foundation for most other VMware technologies in the software-defined data center.
This course is also available in an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) format. For more information, select this link: VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7].
• ESXi 6.7
• vCenter Server 6.7
Anforderungen an die Teilnehmer
This course has the following prerequisites:
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
- System administrators
- System engineers