By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- List and describe the importance of key features and enhancements in vSphere 6.0, 6.5, and 6.7
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™, VMware Host Client™, and the VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ shell to view and configure the vSphere environment
- Migrate a Windows vCenter Server system to vCenter Server Appliance 6.7
- Determine the proper upgrade path for a vCenter Server instance, and upgrade vCenter Server to version 6.7
- Use the appropriate method to upgrade an ESXi host
- Create a multisite content library for synchronizing virtual machine templates, vApps, ISO images, and scripts across vCenter Server instances
- Deploy virtual machines from a content library
- Increase ESXi security by enabling lockdown mode on an ESXi host
- Upgrade virtual machines to the latest virtual hardware and VMware Tools™ version
- Configure NFS- and iSCSI-backed virtual volumes to provide a common storage platform, independent of the underlying storage hardware
- Create storage policies, and use them with virtual machines and virtual volume datastores
- Register a key management server with vCenter Server, and create an encrypted virtual machine
- Create a distributed switch, and use VMware vSphere® Network I/O Control to allocate bandwidth for a virtual machine
- Activate VMware vCenter Server® High Availability
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers.
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace. Once you complete 80% of the overall course, course completion is triggered, your transcript is updated to reflect successful completion of the course. However, you still have access to the course content and course lab for the allotted duration.
- License validity: 3 months
- Language: english
In this training course, you explore the new features and enhancements in VMware vCenter Server® 6.7 and VMware ESXi™ 6.7. Real-world use-case deployment scenarios, hands-on lab exercises, and lectures will teach you the skills that you need to effectively implement and configure VMware vSphere® 6.7. This course is recommended for customers who want to deploy vSphere 6.7 into their existing vSphere environment.
This course is also available in an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) format. For more information, select this link: VMware vSphere: What`s New [V5.5 to V6.7].
- ESXi 6.7
- vCenter Server 6.7
Anforderungen an die Teilnehmer
This course requires completion of one the following courses or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with VMware ESX®/ESXi and vCenter Server:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track
- VMware vSphere: What’s New
- VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting
Experience with working at the command line is helpful.
The course material presumes that you can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Install and configure ESX or ESXi
- Install vCenter Server
- Create vCenter Server objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create and manage vCenter Server roles and permissions
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Create and modify a distributed switch
- Connect an ESX/ESXi host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
- Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
- Enable VMware vSphere® vMotion® on an ESX/ESXi host
- Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with vSphere vMotion
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ cluster with resource pools
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster
If you cannot complete these tasks, VMware recommends that you instead take the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] course.
System architects, system administrators, IT managers, VMware partners, and individuals responsible for implementing and managing vSphere architectures