By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Identify VMware Horizon components
- Install and configure View Connection Server
- Install and configure virtual desktops
- Configure and manage VMware Horizon® Client™ systems
- Configure and manage pools of physical and virtual machines
- Configure and manage automated pools of full virtual machines
- Configure and manage pools of linked-clone desktops
- Configure and manage automated pools of instant clones
- Configure and manage Remote Desktop Services (RDS) pools of desktops and applications
- Use Horizon Administrator to configure the VMware Horizon environment
- Configure secure access to virtual desktops
- Use VMware User Environment Manager™ to manage user personalization and application configurations
- Describe steps to deploy profile management
- Use VMware App Volumes™ to provision and manage applications
- Manage the performance and scalability of a VMware Horizon deployment
This course prepares you for the following certification:
VMware Certified Professional 7 – Desktop and Mobility (VCP7-DTM)
Purchase this On Demand course and receive a free VCP Exam voucher to use toward certification.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers.
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace. Once you complete 80% of the overall course, course completion is triggered, your transcript is updated to reflect successful completion of the course. However, you still have access to the course content and course lab for the allotted duration.
- License validity: 3 months
- Language: english
This hands-on course gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing VMware Horizon® 7 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You will learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines, how to manage access and security of the machines, and how to provide a customized desktop environment to end users.
VMware Horizon 7
Customers attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following VMware infrastructure skills:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
- Create snapshots of virtual machines • Configure guest customization specifications
- Modify virtual machine properties
- Convert a virtual machine into a template
- Deploy a virtual machine from a template
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
- Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
- Restrict users’ activities by implementing Group Policy objects
- Configure Windows systems to allow Remote Desktop Connections
- Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database
Technical personnel who work in the IT departments of end-customer companies and people who are responsible for the delivery of remote or virtual desktop services