You will become familiar with the professional installation and administration of the Apache HTTP Server.
You will become familiar with the professional installation and administration of the Apache HTTP Server. In addition, you will learn to analyze and optimize existing systems in a well-founded way, with a special focus on security and performance. The practical feasibility of the course contents is demonstrated by means of extensive exercises and examples.- Basics: The Hypertext Transfer Protocol HTTP (specification and functionality), origin and history of the Apache Webserver
- Compile and install: Installation from source code, start and stop of web server
- Multi-Processing Modules (MPM) - Selection and Functionality
- Integration of modules (Dynamic Shared Objects)
- Access control/set up of protected areas
- Definition of aliases and redirects, URL manipulation with the rewrite module
- Virtual Hosts
- Logging: configuration of access and error logs, log file analysis and visualization
- Secure connections with HTTPS (functionality and configuration)
- Performance analysis and tuning
- Dynamic Web Content with CGI
- Integration of external modules (e.g. PHP)
- Using Apache as Reverse Proxy and Load Balancer
- Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
- You can install, administer, and configure an Apache server.
- You are able to analyze and optimize existing systems.
- You can troubleshoot Apache Server problems.
Knowledge of the operating system Unix (knowledge of an editor, shell knowledge) or at least participation in the seminar "Unix/Linux Basics for Beginners" (BS-01)
System Administrators, Network Administrators, Web Developers