In this seminar, you will learn about the important administrative tasks required to run an Apache Cassandra cluster system.
The ever-growing amounts of data today pose major challenges to the IT infrastructure. The NoSQL Apache Cassandra database is becoming increasingly important for many scenarios in which relational databases reach their limits. In this seminar, you will learn about the important administrative tasks required to run an Apache Cassandra cluster system. On the basis of practice-oriented exercises, all relevant administration tasks and the associated commands and tools are trained.- Overview of NoSQL databases and Apache Cassandra
- Installation and administration of Cassandra nodes, datacenters and clusters
- Basic CQL commands
- Backup and recovery of data
- Various administration tools for regular housekeeping and monitoring activities
- Security settings
- Best Practice
- You wil be able to install and administrate a Cassandra environment with any number of nodes.
- You know the most important tools to always operate the Cassandra environment in a stable condition.
- You know how to create backups and restore them in case of emergency.
- You are able to design a data structure suitable for the application in collaboration with application developers.
Participation in our seminar "Unix/Linux Basics" (BS-01) or comparable knowledge
Administrators, application developers, system integrators, IT architects, IT consultants, data engineers