Tools and methods to become a good consultant
In IT in particular, the complexity of tasks makes it increasingly important for IT experts to advise customers, clients and even colleagues. In this seminar you will receive the necessary tools and methods to be able to stand your ground even in areas where you are not the expert.- Basics of consulting
- Definition and classification of a consultation
- Roles, tasks and own attitude as a consultant
- Characteristics of good / bad advice
- Differences between process and expert consulting
- Procedure for building trust and a sustainable basis for consultation
- Conversation, preparation for conversations and questioning techniques
- Phases and structure of the counselling interview
- Tips and hints on conducting conversations
- Consulting in larger processes
- Efficient approach to solving problems and obstacles
- Order clarification, diagnosis and concept development
- Dealing with critical situations in consulting processes
- Ensuring sustainability
- Typical pitfalls and stumbling blocks in consultation
- You will acquire the appropriate knowledge of suitable models and the methodical tools for consulting and you will learn how to use them in a targeted, effective and efficient way.
- You will learn how to communicate more effectively and efficiently in the projects and how to gain the necessary trust from customers, clients and colleagues.
- You will also learn to cope better with difficult situations in everyday life.
- You will gain more confidence in situations in which you are not the expert.
IT experts, IT consultants